About Our Cutting Tool Distribution Company in St. Francis, WI
Dick Wier founded PDQ Tooling Inc. in 1964. At the time, he had seven children, with one more on the way.
After running a family screw machine house for many years, Dick had become familiar with carbide cutting tools and was approached by Manchester Tool Company to represent their products. Seeing an opportunity to make a living for himself and his ever growing family, Dick courageously stepped away from his stable income to become a representative on a flexible income.
With an intimate knowledge of the industry, he and his wife Alice began to cover Wisconsin for various carbide tooling manufacturers. In fact, it was Alice's foresight that brought us into the distribution side of sales: buying in bulk and selling in pieces.
We started with Manchester, PDQ QuickChange and PDQ Layout Machines, which we still represent in their various forms after 40 years. Within just a few years, business was booming, so Dick's brother Lou came aboard. Fast forward more than 50 years, and today, Dick’s children - all seven brought up in the cutting tool market - run our cutting tool distribution company in St. Francis, WI.
We train all of our salespeople in all aspects of industrial machining and pride ourselves on our intimate knowledge of all products that we represent. We continue to be selective in the companies we represent with the understanding that quality always comes before price. We believe that, in the words of Leon M. Cautillo, "Poor quality will be remembered long after low price is forgotten."
- 1992 & 2015 Business of the Year
- 15 Nationally Recognized Awards from Sumitomo Electric Carbide
- 1997 Blue Chip Enterprise Award
- Saint Francis Man of the Year - Rick Wier, 1990
- We Support Crime Stoppers
- Partners with Police-Saint Francis Police Department
- Saint Francis Miss America Pageant
- Saint Francis Economic Development Committee
- South Shore Chamber of Commerce
- Saint Francis Civic Association
- Saint Francis Days
- Better Business Bureau
- Industrial Distribution Association
- National Federation of Independent Businesses